EUSAIR is the European Strategy for the Adriatic and Ionian Region, i.e. one of the four adopted macroregional strategies, the others being EUSBR, EUSDR, EUSALP. DG Regio aims to encourage EUSAIR participating countries, their representatives and stakeholders to act more sustainably in their daily work and raise their environmental awareness in everyday life, in line with the policy objectives set in the European Green Deal.
To this end, the project pursues six specific and interlinked objectives:
1) To improve EUSAIR community’s knowledge and awareness on the adaptation of sustainable consumption;
2) To improve EUSAIR implementers’ capacities in applying resource efficiency policies able to foster eco-innovation and green growth through Green Public Procurement (GPP), mostly using new award criteria in calls and tenders, paying particular attention to environmental aspects;
3) To establish sustainability principles following EU policy documents, strategies and initiatives aimed to boost a green and digital transformation of the Adriatic and Ionian macro region;
4) To reduce the carbon and environmental footprints of the EUSAIR community;
5) To support the EUSAIR community’s green transformation, with guidance, training and dissemination of good practices and encourage this community to take part in the 'Public Buyers for Climate and Environment' initiative, which will facilitate exchanges among buyers committed to GPP implementation;
6) To promote interregional learning and capacity building on the objectives described above through three interregional workshops.
The project is led by the Forum of Adriatic and Ionian Chambers of Commerce (Forum AIC). As a sub-contractor t33 is responsible for setting a system of indicators to measure the reduction of the carbon and environmental footprints of the EUSAIR community and quantifying relevant targets (2025, 2030, 2050), milestones and baselines.